Nondestructive Tester Laughlin AFB, TxDel RioTexasUnited States
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a Nondestructive tester to work at LaughlinAFB Tx .
- Using the ultrasonic-eddy current processes, performs inspections of aerospace components, parts, and other materials for which inspection procedures and/or acceptability standards are inadequate or not available.
- Using the radiographic equipment, performs inspections of aircraft, engine, missile, ground support equipment, etc., parts, components, support equipment structural members , components, parts, and other materials for which inspection procedures and /or acceptability standards are inadequate or not available.
- Serves as NDI Technical Advisor, advising responsible shop supervisors, engineering, quality assurance and other related functions of defects found, their extent and their effect of the quality and serviceability of products.
- Prepares and performs oil analysis to determine the identity and amount of metal articles suspended in the oil taken from a particular aircraft engine.
- Recruitment/relocation/leave accrual and PCS may be paid
- 10 Federal Holidays
- 13 sick leave days
- Based upon length of employment … start at 13 days and earn up to 26
INSURANCE - No waiting period to qualify for health insurance for you and your family
RETIREMENT - Immediate coverage by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), part of a three tiered system which contains:
- Basic Benefits Plan
- Social Security
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), similar to a 401 (k)
To be informed about current and future openings with AFCS via email notification, please register with us at www.afciviliancareers.com
- U.S. citizenship
- Knowledge of the ultrasonic-eddy current, and industrial x-ray radiographic methods of nondestructive testing to investigate failures in critical aircraft structures and components when considerable unknown factors are involved.
- Skill to set up and operate ultrasonic, eddy-current, and radiographic equipment to examine a variety of parts, components, or material to detect hidden subsurface flaws, corrosion and separation in bonded and honeycomb structures; integrity of welds; precision dimensional and volume measurements; hardness of materials; and to determine if defects found render the article acceptable or unacceptable..
- Ability to develop, modify, and adapt ultrasonic-eddy current, and industrial x-ray radiographic methods and techniques of nondestructive testing to investigate failures in critical aircraft structures and components when existing inspection procedures, techniques, and acceptability standards are non-existent or not applicable..
- Ability to read and interpret quality control directives, engineering drawings, Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) literature, and technical orders concerning nondestructive testing methods and procedures.